"My Hot Mami Business"

Promotion of my mami business and offering delicious siomai,lugaw,beef pares and other comfort food at an affordable price.We are also accepting bulk orders for siomai.

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How I started to have my own mami business

The economic recession had hit hard our country today. Napakahirap ng buhay. Hirap maghanap ng trabaho. Three months ago, I decided to quit my job as an online English teacher in a Korean company. I said to myself, maybe I could do well in the call center industry.
So, I applied to several call centers here in Metro Manila but to no avail......lagi lang ako final interview. Once they ask me about my educational background, I would honestly tell them that I have not finished my degree and I have a number of back subjects during my first two years including ROTC. After the interview, they would just tell me to wait for their call. "Just wait for our call" is the dreaded line that applicants would like not to hear after an interview. Parang death sentence, they think that it's a nice way of telling an applicant that you are not qualified for the job.
So after three months after contemplating about what would I do in the future, I realized, why the hell should I apply in these so called BPO companies when I could start my own small business at home? Instead of traveling to and fro to the office, dealing with difficult co-workers or an arrogant boss, why not be my own boss instead?
So I called up my girlfriend, who fortunately knows the recipe for making tasty siomai, and I brought out from my 'treasure chest' the recipe of beef mami noodles. I also asked my mother to cook for me lumpiang gulay or spring rolls and lugaw, in English, congee.
When I was in the process for looking for jobs. My mother had already started her own business of selling squid balls, fish balls, kikiam and other streetfoods. She would earn at around 200-300 pesos a day just enough to provide us with three square meals and pocket money for me if ever I go out for a job interview.
I told my mother if we could sell beef mami and lugaw to expand our business and make more money. Fortunately our house is located in a place where there is high foot traffic, at madalas tambayan ng mga pedicab, jeep at taxi drivers.
With a starting capital of 600 pesos, imagine 600 pesos lang! We were able to generate 1200 pesos as our gross income on our first day. The following day we increased our operating capital. The bigger the operating capital, the larger the net profit....until it came to a point when our net profit is bigger than what I have been earning in my previous job.
So that's how all it started. Don't despair if you can't find a decent job. If you can't get a job, create your own one.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Louie said...

This inspiring I would like to follow the same route, I'm thinking of putting up my own Pares Mami House, I recently acquired a lot that I converted to a commercial spaces for rent, in one of the spaces I plan to have this Beef Mami Pares Busines..

October 20, 2015 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nakakainspire. Nagsesearch po ako ngayin ng pwedeng negosyo at ito ang naiisip ko po lugaean or mamihan... May capital po kami na naipon na. Pero i need more ideas po. Please help

March 20, 2020 at 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home